Wednesday, December 20, 2017

BellaBassFly & Subscape get real about new music " Mallet " Ease The Pain... New concepts in the evolution of global underground!



LISTEN NOW >>>>> https://soundcloud.com/subscapeuk/mallet-ease-the-pain-preview-sub-soldiers
1 What is the meaning of your name "Subscape"?
I actually had to come up with it pretty quick when my first release was coming out on Dub Police and they were ready to print the artwork for vinyl. After a massive brainstorm that one just stuck.
2 What can fans expect from this new round of music?
Since my time away I’ve got about 40 tracks to pick from. So the first release with Mallet / Ease the Pain is a bit unconventional but that’s what I like. With the album though you can expect a massive mix from euphoric, melodic, hard hitters and some experimental stuff. I’ve got so many options and the plan after the first release is to do a staggered album, which will evolve and materialise into the New Year
3 How have you evolved as an artist over the past 5 years?
This is the first release in 4 years so during that time I have been writing but not playing shows. I slowly found that I had less and less time to devote to the studio after going back to work and I even had a bit of writers block during that period. But making music never leaves you and getting back into the groove was always on the cards. But the time away has definitely given me a fresh perspective on how I want to progress as an artist and what kind of music I want to put out.
4 In your opinion, how has bass music evolved over the past 10 years?
It’s changed dramatically over the years but that’s what I love, when I started it was all about making something that no ones heard before and defining yourself as an artist. So there have never been any rules and that’s helped bass music evolve into what it is today and its very exciting. 10 years ago I was playing dub plates in small dark clubs in London then expanded up north then eventually globally and that’s how far its reached!
5 For listeners who have never heard Subscape, how would you describe your music style?
Its always been quite varied, I started off making some dark Dubstep with dnb influences and as my sound evolved the melodic and euphoric sound really sat well with me.  So I would say Melodic uplifting Dance Music.
6 Name 3 artists that need to bve heard.
The Others, Infuze, and Myro
7 Who are the artists that inspired you the most to create music?
I came from a DnB background so at the time I was listening to all sorts of sub genres in DnB. I loved the styles of music Hospital records were putting out when I was growing, High contrast and logistics all the way to renegade hardware and Noisia
8 If you could play any festival in the world what festival would it be? Why?
Snow bombing would be great or something similar up in the mountains, I love to snowboard so that would be ideal to party at night and snowboard in the day.
9  What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you as an artist?
I think playing in Israel was pretty interesting and scary at the same time, it was a crazy night in itself and everyone was really vibing at the club but the promoter was telling me that it was kicking of at the boarder and everyone might have to be called for national service. Luckily it didn’t happen but I could see the anticipation on people’s faces.
10 What do you consider the best & the worst of underground dance music culture?
Best: the music….. worst: sweaty armpits on a crowded dance floor
11 Greatest moment of your music career?
It has to be the USA tours. I’ve had the best days of my life on the road with the Dub Police crew. Tearing up one city and off to the next, its pretty intense and I was ill by the time I got home. When I first went out there I wasn’t ready for how many new people you meet and the connections you make with DJs, promoters and the best thing about it, the fans. Submission in Denver is always a highlight, defiantly the one I look forward to the most
12 What advice do you have for young producers?
Best advice is to try and make something original something that know ones else has done before, push the boundaries. Most importantly stay true to yourself and make the music you love to make.
13  If you could meet one musical artist living or deceased who would it be? Why?
Kurt Cobain, hes the last ever real rockstar that ever lived, I was massively into grunge as a kid. I would spend the day in the studio recording vocals then party like a rockstar after!
14  If you could create a monster line up of your top picked artists  (10) who would they be? 
Subscape | Caspa | Funtcase | Emalkay | Ganja White Night | Benga | Eptic | Dismantle |
High Contrast | David Rodigan
a. Mallet (0.00 - 01.31)
aa. Ease The Pain (01.31 - 03.01)
Don’t call it a comeback because he never went away: this might be Subscape’s first release since his ‘MyStyle’ project in 2013 but his sound and influence have remained a key cornerstone of modern dubstep during his time away from the release game.
One of the most distinctive, creative and musical contributors to the iconic Dub Police sound, Subscape has been entrenched deep in the field,forging his future. Exploring his new machines, processes, ideas and inspirations, the man behind vibrant and melodic scene-unifying hits such as ‘Turn Me On’ and smouldering emotional steppers such as ‘Nothing’s Wrong’ has been crafting an entirely fresh body of work... Which we’re about to experience in the coming months as we build up to his debut album project to launch.
Developing on his long-established brooding atmospheric signature with genre variations and tempo mutations, the Woking deepsmith is set to reveal more and more layers to his sound imminently.
Fittingly he’s kicking off with two of his most unconventional tracks to date: ‘Mallet’ ignites with his star-gazing sonic autograph before hurling us into a fuzzy, gritty bass hook that really hits as the title promises. It’s not until midway that we’re blindsided by a new synth hook that blazes over the gritty, stamping bedrock and brings the impact to life. ‘Ease The Pain’ also fulfils its title: its intro instantly soothes the mallet wounds with a soft-footed
UKG-inspired two-step and springy synths and we’re momentarily disarmed. But before long we’re plunged into much more glacial waters as a mechanical bass texture groans and shudders in the dubspace. Weighted but restrained, barbed and just a little introspective, once again the message is clear: Subscape is sitting on a cannon of fresh weapons. Who knows which direction he’s going to fire in next?
Only Sub Soldiers have the answer. Subscape is the only other artist to release on the imprint besides the label boss Caspa and longstanding partner in vibes Rusko. Don’t call this a comeback... This is a
takeover.


DIGITAL | STREAMING
contact@subscapeuk.com
Subscapeuk.com


Check out classic SUBSCAPE HERE>>>>>  WHO REMEMBERS???    


Subscape - I Need You - Official Music Video




NEW SINGLE :: Out now on Dub Police Buy :: http://bit.ly/DP089iTunes Taken from the MyStyle 003 Compilation mixed by Subscape, out now! Get it here: http://bit.ly/SubscapeMyStyle003

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mallet-ease-the-pain-single/1300515307
https://www.beatport.com/release/mallet-ease-the-pain/2142 





No comments:

Post a Comment